Tomorrow is my 24th birthday! Anyone who is older is going to laugh but I feel kind of old. Can I still say I’m in my early 20s? I’m not having a quarter life crisis (I think), but it blows my mind that some of my favourite movies and songs are over 10 years old.
Anyway, last year I shared 23 facts about me, but this year I want to share 24 confessions. I guess they’re just more personal facts, but that’s just it – I’m going deeper. Friends have told me that I still seem mysterious to them even after knowing each other a few years so I’m trying to work on opening up more.
Hope you enjoy!
- I don’t really like going out on Friday nights. I usually feel tired from work, so I prefer to use Friday nights to netflix & chill at home. That way I have more energy for the rest of the weekend!
- Some of my favourite movies are dumb comedies like Get Him To The Greek, Napoleon Dynamite, or anything with Seth Rogen. I love having a good laugh.
- I don’t like gifts. Finding gifts stresses me out because I always want the gift to be useful but I can never imagine what the other person needs. Even receiving … of course, gifts are nice to receive, but honestly I’d rather just shop for myself. To me the best gift someone can give is quality time together. My boyfriend and I both stopped doing physical gifts years ago and it’s been great.
- I love singing but am usually too shy to sing in front of anyone. Unless I’m sure the music will drown me out or I’ve had several drinks.
- Sometimes I fantasize about shaving all my hair off and starting fresh. I’ll never do it because I’m way too attached to my hair, damages and all.
- I don’t like it when men act chivalrous for me (opening doors, pulling out chairs, etc). It’s not that I’m some feminazi; I feel awkward just standing there while the man does the work.
- If I were super rich, I’d rather own a few apartments in my favourite cities than have a mansion. I wouldn’t know what to do with all the space.
- I’m starting to develop an online shopping addiction and I blame it on my boyfriend. He’s been obsessed with buying things online for a few years now. Sometimes I get jealous of all the packages he receives and order something because I want a package too. And because I like it, otherwise I wouldn’t buy it.
- If I sit for longer than an hour, I start getting bored, restless and kind of sore. I love being active and walking around a lot. That’s why I’m not really into cars and I’d go for bathroom breaks pretty much every hour when I worked in an office.
- My dream is to own 12 dogs like Morgan from The Mindy Project (and give them a movie room where they can sit and watch doggy movies).
- I can listen to the same songs a million times and not get sick of them. If it’s love, it’s true love. Same with movies.
- There are actually a couple of Justin Bieber songs I kind of like *covers face*.
- Tabloids are my guilty pleasure. I don’t read them often – just when I’m getting my hair done. I don’t really care about the celebrities, but the articles themselves and how they’re written are so ridiculous.
- I like reading classic literature and watching historical movies (even though I know they’re mostly inaccurate). I find it interesting to compare how we’ve changed and stayed the same over the centuries. Plus, the fashion!
- I’m kind of scared of the dark. But only if it’s pitch black. If there’s just one teeny tiny light I’m good.
- I like buying cheesy souvenirs like magnets and mugs. I like remembering the cool places I’ve been while I drink tea or grab a snack.
- I hate bras and if I can get away with not wearing one, I won’t. They’re pretty but we all know how uncomfortable they are. I really wish society would get over its obsession with the nipple. We all have them, it should be no big deal.
- I also kind of wish it was socially acceptable for women to have body hair. I wax, and I admit legs do look nicer when they’re smooth but I don’t think body hair on women is as disgusting as everyone else seems to. It’s just like the hair on your head only shorter…
- I’ve called in sick because of cramps. I think mensual leave should be a thing.
- I’m a fantasy nerd. Game of Thrones, Harry Potter, Lord of the Rings, Narnia … anything with magic, I’ll probably love it. I even don’t mind sci-fi as long as it’s not too intense (Doctor Who for example).
- Another one of my guilty pleasures is dumb online quizzes, like the Buzzfeed ones. I’ve made myself stop doing them though because I can waste so much time on them.
- I deleted my Snapchat. I really only got it because a friend forced me to. I’ve never been able to get into it. I’m not funny enough to think of clever snaps of myself, and if something funny/interesting is happening IRL it’s usually over by the time I get my phone out and turn on snapchat.
- Honestly I’m kind of a grandma when it comes to social media. I’d be so happy if there was only one channel, because it’s overwhelming and time consuming to check them all. Plus there is a lot of overlap.
- It actually took me days to write this post because I had trouble thinking about myself so much.